The Village billing schedule is as follows:
- 1st of billing month: Bill Mailed
- 29th of billing month: Bill due on or before this date
- 30th of billing month: 10% penalty assessed
- 1st of next month: Penalty Bill mailed
- 14th of that month: Penalty bill due on or before this date
- 15th of that month: Disconnection Notice mailed; $25 Administrative Fee assessed
- 28th of that month: Past Due Balance due on or before this date
- 29th of that month: Service Disconnected; $50 Disconnection Fee assessed. To re-establish service, the Past Due Balance, including all penalties and fees, must be paid in full.
- Administrative Fee is $25 for 1st occurrence; $50 for 2nd occurrence; $75 for 3rd and subsequent occurrences during any fiscal year (May 1 - April 30).
- Disconnection Fee is $50 for 1st occurrence; $100 for 2nd occurrence; $150 for 3rd and subsequent occurrences during any fiscal year (May 1 - April 30).
The Village currently has 2 separate water systems, called the North System and the South System. However, the Volo Water System is currently investigating alternative sources of water supply and came to the conclusion that conversion to Lake Michigan water would be the best means to assure their future water supply. For more information, please visit our Lake Michigan Water Supply project information page.