- Feature Links
- Social Networking
Social Media Policy
The intended purpose of this page is to serve as a mechanism for communication between the Village of Volo and members of the public. However, this page is not the primary method of communication with the Village, and any notices or requests for Village services must be made via official communication methods identified on the Village website, or by traditional methods of notification recognized by the Village, and no comments or posts on this page will be construed as providing notice to the Village of any claim, deficiency, dangerous condition, request, or otherwise.
Any comments or other content posted or submitted to this page for posting, as well as personal identifying information for the page's users and visitors, and its list of fans, may be public records subject to disclosure pursuant to the Illinois Local Records Act (50 ILCS 205).
The Village reserves the right to restrict or remove any content that is deemed in violation of this policy or any applicable law. Any articles, messages, posts, comments, images, video or other content containing any of the following shall not be allowed and may be removed as soon as possible:
- Comments not topically related to the particular article or post being commented on.
- Comments in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures.
- Profane language or content.
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, mental disability, or sexual orientation.
- Sexual content or links to sexual content.
- Solicitations of commerce.
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity.
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public systems.
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party.
A comment posted by a member of the public on this page is the opinion of the commentator or poster only, and publication of a comment does not imply endorsement of, or agreement by, the Village, nor do such comments necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of the Village.